The Soundbar for Music Lovers.
- PLAYBAR delivers cinematic sound for all your movies, TV shows, sports, and games—and wirelessly streams your favorite music, too.
Set Up Over Wifi.
- Plug in. Connect. Stream without interruptions or interference.
Start In Any Room. Add On.
- Play different songs in different rooms. Or the same song everywhere.
Control With One App.
- Pick a room. Pick a song. Hit play.
Keeps Getting Better.
- Software updates mean the product you buy today will be even better tomorrow.
Not Just Louder. Clearer.
- Thin is great for TV screens, but not so great for sound. PLAYBAR to the rescue. With nine amplified speaker drivers—six mid-range and three tweeters—PLAYBAR replaces your TV's built-in speakers with deep, rumbling lows, crystal-clear dialog, and immersive waves of sound.
What You See Is What You Hear.
- PLAYBAR features nine speakers designed in a phased speaker array to deliver “directionality”, creating a wider sound stage. That means if there’s a huge crash on the left side of the screen, you’ll hear it there because the speakers on the left are playing the sound and the speakers on the right are playing the inverse of that sound.
One App. Complete Music Control.
- The Sonos app helps you quickly search through all your services to track down favorite music, send it to different rooms, and adjust the volume and other settings. You don’t even have to be in the same room. And if your friends have the Sonos app, they can do the same.
Over 30 Streaming Services Available.
- Sonos plays everything – the most popular streaming services, on-demand Internet radio, your favorite podcasts and audiobooks, your go-to collection of downloads – whatever you love to listen to.
Trueplay, Custom Speaker-Tuning For Your PLAYBAR.
- The size, shape, and setup of your room–as well as the location of your TV–all have a big effect on the sound you hear. Trueplay software—right on the Sonos app—measures your room and fine-tunes the sound to fit the space. To make sure whatever you’re watching sounds as spectacular as possible.
- Having a hard time hearing what’s being said? PLAYBAR uses custom drivers to deliver crisp, clear dialog to the center channel where your ears can best discern it. Need even more clarity? Turn on Speech Enhancement to keep the dialog at a consistent level and reduce the volume of any loud sound effects.
- Watching late at night and don’t want to disturb the rest of the house? Turn on Night Sound. At lower volumes, quiet sounds are enhanced and the intensity of loud sounds is reduced.
Two Cords. That’s It.
- One power cord. And one optical cord that connects to your TV. You don’t even have to read a manual because the Sonos app guides you through every step of the setup process. Including connecting PLAYBAR to your WiFi so you can stream your favorite music.
- Cable boxes. Gaming consoles. Satellite boxes. Blu-ray players. If it’s connected to your TV, PLAYBAR will play it.
- Place it beneath your TV, on a table or console. Or mount it on the wall. Either way, it looks and sounds beautiful.
Expand Beyond The TV Room.
- PLAYBAR makes movies, sports, TV, games, and music come alive…but just in one room. Add more Sonos speakers to your home and you can listen to what’s playing on your TV in any room.
Grows to 5.1 With Zero Drama.
- PLAYBAR is just the beginning of the ultimate home theater experience. Add a Sonos SUB for soul-shaking bass. Want full surround sound? Use a pair of PLAY:1, PLAY:3 or PLAY:5 speakers for rear channels.
One Less Remote To Worry About.
- PLAYBAR works with almost all TV, cable box, and universal remotes by learning their infrared (IR) commands during setup. The remotes you have are all you need.
Play Music from Spotify Straight to Sonos.
- Enjoy all the personalized Spotify playlists and other listening features you love and more - without ever opening your Sonos app.
- Nine Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the nine dedicated speaker drivers and the acoustic architecture.
- Three tweeters create the crispest and clearest high-frequency response.
- Six mid-woofers give you the full range of sound effects and music from the left and right channels, and crisp, clear dialog from the center. Mid-woofers act together as a phased speaker array so what you hear matches what you see on screen.
- Optical input to connect to your TV. Allows PLAYBAR to speak DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo.
- Adjustable bass, treble, and loudness controls to customize your sound preferences.
- Autoplay setting lets you choose whether TV audio will begin playback automatically.
Power & Networking
- Power Supply - Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- Wi-Fi, Not Bluetooth - Connects to your home Wi-Fi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming.
- Ethernet Ports - Two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports to connect PLAYBAR to a wired home network and bring standard Internet connectivity to other devices.
- System Requirements - TV with optical audio output. Broadband Internet in your home. Internet-connected TV not required.
- 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm) Dimensions while mounted - D x W x H
- 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm) Dimensions while resting - H x W x D
- Side Panel Buttons & Lights - Volume and Play/Pause buttons. LED indicates Sonos component status and mute status.
- Sonos PLAYBAR
- Power Cord
- Flat Ethernet Cable
- Optical Audio Cable
- Sonos Quickstart Guide
- Legal/Warranty Information.
Color Black Volume Control Yes Warranty 1 Year Parts and Labor Depth 5.51 in. Height 3.35 in. Width 35.43 in.
Product Guide Download